I RECEIVED A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR A HONEST REVIEW.
Title: Doctor Who: The Forever Trap
Author: Karen Patkau
Year of Publication: 2014
Length: 32 pages
First Line: “Pronghorns race over a grassy plain that rolls toward the horizon.”
Summary: Karen Patkau takes readers on an amazing voyage of discovery to find out
• How wild and rugged prairies become grasslands
• Why prairie inhabitants depend on each other and their surroundings
• What wildlife and plants thrive in large open spaces
• How seasons and weather conditions affect life on the prairies
• How fire restores the land
• What life is like on the Great Plains
• How a food chain forms
• How some prairie plants protect the land
• Why we need prairies
Review: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
Who needs a prairie?
Who knows? I couldn’t tell by reading this and I’m currently 26.
But in all seriousness. It’s a decent picture book about the prairie ecosystem. It’s more of an introduction or a jumping off point to begin learning about the prairie. If you handed a child this and said, ‘here you go, this is all you need to know about the prairie’, my hand would have shot up so fast. The book says things but doesn’t explain anything.
Hence, why do we need the prairie? I dunno, why
Worst part: Who needs a prairie?
Best part: Great info. + Glossary in the back. Bonus: I can spell prairie without messing up now.
Recommend For: Parents, teachers, kids in elementary school who are interested in earth science.